Friday, May 16, 2008

1500- Last Stand on Manorexia

Anorexia is a very serious disease to which most people know at least one person who has fallen victim. Given my recent borderline unhealthy obsession with my diet, caloric intake and physical appearance, several people have made the joke that the UE is “Manorexic”. Now I personally shrug this off as good humor, but it led me to wonder about other men who may be so stricken and affected by the images in the media that portray men with rock hard abs and rippling muscular frames that they may be driven to extreme forms of dieting.

Male image, like female, is affected significantly by the media. Men just internalize it differently because we are supposed to be huge and ripped, not slim. Below are just a few of the images the media has celebrated over time.





-The UE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I every time spent my half an hour to read this web site's articles daily along with a mug of coffee.

My site http://www.wiki.anglet.fr/